2019 Southeastern Fishes Council Meeting
Holiday Inn at World's Fair Park, Knoxville, Tennessee
The 2019 annual meeting of the Southeastern Fishes Council will be held at Holiday Inn at World's Fair Park in Knoxville, Tennessee on November 13-15, 2019. The code for our block of rooms to get our discount rate of $97 per night is “SFC” and must be reserved by October 14th, 2019. To reserve your rooms call 1-865-522-2800 or go to:
- Member Early Registration – $125.00 (Must be a dues paid member prior to registration, renew online)
- Member Late Registration – $175.00
- Non Member Early Registration – $175.00 (If you would like to join and get the Regular Member Rate: http://www.sefishescouncil.org
- Non Member Late Registration – $225.00
- Student Member Early Registration – $50.00
- Student Member Late Registration – $75.00
- Student Non Member Early Registration – $100.00 (If you would like to join and get the Student Member rate: http://www.sefishescouncil.org
- Student Non Member Late Registration – $150.00
Registration is open with EARLY registration ending October 14, 2019 at midnight!
The agenda will include two days of oral presentation sessions and a poster session on Thursday evening, following the annual business meeting. We will also offer a lightning talk session of 5-minute talks (strictly enforced!) with no questions on Thursday.
A free continuing education workshop will occur the afternoon of November 13th on "The Use of R for Statistical Anlayses and Graphics in aquatic Science: a Beginner's Course". The course will be co-instructed by Dr. Amy Alford (West Tennessee River Basin Authority/UT-Knoxville) and Caleb Aldridge (Mississppi State University). It will take place at the Holiday Inn on November 13th from 12 pm - 4 pm.
There will be a welcome social the evening of November 13th, tentatively, at the McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture on the University of Tennessee campus. The Paul Parmalee Malacology Collection will be open for viewing during the social. This is the 3rd largest mollusk collection in the U.S. Also, the David Etnier Ichthyology Collection can be toured upon request throughout the meeting. Please contact Dr. Ben Keck for scheduling a visit.
Following the poster session and catered dinner at Holiday Inn on November 14th, there will be a live auction to raise funds for student travel and awards. Please look around for duplicate publications (fish or otherwise) plus anything “fishy” that you think we might be able to raise a couple of dollars.
CFI will lead a field trip to a local stream on Saturday November 16, for anyone who wants to go out and see some fishes in east Tennessee.
Titles and abstracts must be submitted by Friday October 4, 2019 at:
If you are student presenting and would like to be eligible for the $100 student travel award, you must register when abstracts are due (Friday October 4th at midnight).