2023 Southeastern Fishes Council 49th Annual Meeting
The Chattanoogan Hotel, Chattanooga, TN
16-18 November 2023
The 2023 annual meeting of the Southeastern Fishes Council will be held at the Chattanoogan Hotel, 1201 Broad Street, Chattanooga, TN. The meeting will be held on 16-18 November 2023, with optional activities taking place during the evening of 15 November (more details later).
The agenda will include at least two days of presentation sessions and a poster session on Thursday evening at the Tennessee Aquarium, following the annual business meeting. We will also offer a lightning talk session of 5-minute talks (strictly enforced!) with no questions on Friday. Meeting space will hold up to 250+, and we have a room reserved on Saturday morning for additional presentations or potential workshops if necessary.
We have obtained a block of rooms at the Chattanoogan Hotel at a discounted rate of $129.00 per night plus taxes for 2-double beds, and $139 per night plus taxes for a king bed. There are a limited number of rooms available, so book now! Hotel reservations must be made by 25 October 2023 to get the discounted rate. You can call the hotel directly ((423) 756-3400) or use the following link to receive the block rate before 25 October 2023:
Book your group rate for Southeastern Fishes Council
· Member Early Registration – $150 (Must be a dues paid member prior to registration, renew online)
· Member Late Registration – $200
· Non Member Early Registration – $200 If you would like to join and get the Regular Member Rate: http://www.sefishescouncil.org
· Non Member Late Registration – $250
· Student Member Early Registration – $60
· Student Member Late Registration – $85
· Student Non Member Early Registration – $110 If you would like to join and get the Student Member rate: http://www.sefishescouncil.org
· Student Non Member Late Registration – $160
Early Registration ends Friday 13 October 2023. All registering by this date will receive a free meeting t-shirt!
Late On-line Registration ends Tuesday 14 November 2023
Titles and abstracts must be submitted by midnight Friday 6 October 2023 at:
If you are student presenting and would like to be eligible for the $100 Boschung Student Travel Award (20 awards given), you must register and submit your abstract by the abstract due date (Friday 6 October 2023 at midnight).
Hawaiian-Style Southeastern Fish Shirt for Sale!
In addition to your free conference T-shirt with early registration, you now have the option to purchase a Hawaiian-Style Southeastern Fish Shirt!